Invisalign is a popular and innovative treatment designed to straighten teeth with almost invisible braces. Discreet, removable and efficient, Invisalign is a popular alternative to conspicuous and unsightly traditional metal braces. Whether you’re going ahead with Invisalign treatment or are still weighing up your options, it’s important to understand the five main steps in the Invisalign treatment process. With this knowledge you can feel at ease with your decision to straighten your teeth and enjoy the process of transforming smile.
Are you looking for Invisalign providers in London? Then book an appointment with Wimpole Dental today! Our skilled and experienced dentists have received professional Invisalign training to give you the beautiful smile you deserve.
- Visit your Wimpole Street dentist: During your initial consultation at Wimpole Dental, your dentist will firstly give you a complete oral examination. You will be asked about what you like about your smile and if there’s any aspect you’d prefer to change. Based on your individual case along with your own preferences, your dentist will determine if Invisalign is the right treatment for you (please note that Invisalign is now used to treat a range of simple and complex cases).
At your consultation, you will also have the chance to discuss your treatment and ask any questions you have concerning timescale, dental or orthodontic insurance, and other relevant issues. If you want to know about the Invisalign treatment cost in London, your dentist will also provide you with an estimate of the price at your initial consultation. The exact price varies from patient to patient, but generally falls in the range of £2500 - £4500. With teeth that require minimum movement, however, treatment can start from £1500.
- Your custom treatment plan is created: In order to create your custom treatment plan, your dentist will take X-rays and CT scans, and make impressions of your teeth. Your treatment plan will detail the precise movements of your teeth as well as provide an estimate of how long your treatment will take. Although treatment time varies depending on the individual, Invisalign treatment typically takes a year for adults. For teenagers, on the other hand, the treatment can take roughly the same time as traditional metal braces. Your dentist will also be able to provide you with a visual representation of the final results and let you see how your teeth will move at each stage of the treatment.
- Filling out prescription forms: After the treatment plan is prepared the dentist will fill out your form. These are just documents that contain your details such as current status, how the case will be treated and what changes are made in your mouth. These records will be sent to the people who will make your clear aligners. Reports, X-ray and forms can be sent to them through mail or Internet.
- Digitisation of your impression: The technicians present will perform digital scan using computer tomography scanner of your impressions. All the data will be then taken together to create a 3-D model of your teeth. After the completion of virtual modeling and your prescription form, the technicians will create a animation of your treatment guide. It will contain sequence of movements of teeth that is requested by your dentist.
- Receive your aligners: You will be given a series of custom-made, clear aligners for you to wear throughout your treatment. All you have to do is keep them on for most of the day, but remember to remove them for eating, or for brushing and flossing your teeth. The aligners will gradually move your teeth into place. Invisalign aligners are smooth, safe and comfortable to wear, unlike traditional metal braces. The bonus? Since your aligners are discreet and virtually invisible, no one will notice you’re straightening your teeth!
- Change your aligner: You will need to wear your custom aligners throughout the course of your treatment. You will be required to start wearing a new set of aligners roughly once every two weeks. Each of the sets of aligners work to move your teeth closer and closer to their final and correct position. You will also need to attend occasional checkups with your dentist to monitor your progress. To achieve the best and fastest results possible you should wear your aligners each day for at least 20 to 22 hours.
- Deband visit: There will be no more aligners to be delivered at this stage. A thorough evaluation of the treatment will be performed. The dentist will check if Case Refinement is needed or not. In case it is necessary then new impression of your teeth will be submitted to the technicians. This appointment last about 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Show off your new smile: Your Invisalign treatment eventually comes to an end and you’re left to enjoy your brand new smile! To keep your smile healthy, it’s important to maintain your oral care routine with daily brushing and flossing. You also must return to your dentist for regular checkups to ensure your dental health. Be sure to also ask your dentist whether you need to wear retainers to help keep your teeth in their new position.
Hopefully you have gained some insight about Invisalign treatment from this blog. This procedure is simple yet effective and provides you with the beautiful and straight smile that your desire.