Are you looking to get your teeth straightened? If you are, then you should talk to your dentist and find out if Invisalign is the right treatment for you. With Invisalign, many cases can be treated, and your dentist will be able to provide you with Invisaign offers in London. Read this blog so that you can choose the right retainer.
About Essix retainers
With Clear braces, our dentists provide 1 set of Essix retainers in your dental treatment. When the teeth are properly aligned, your dentist will take an impression and then prepare an Essix retainer for you. This is similar to the clear, comfortable and removable Invisalign brace. You will have to wear them for at least 20-22 hours a day during the first 6 months and then always at night, going forward.
Retainers need to be changed from time to time and people usually change them in every 1- 2 years.
About fixed retainers
- The thin wire is adjusted and glued to the inside surfaces of your front four to six teeth. They are the gold standard of retention since they are permanent and you can’t lose them. You will always have something holding your teeth in their place.
- Once the teeth are properly aligned, the dentist will decide what kind of retainer you can wear.
- If you have sufficient space, the bars can be cemented in place followed by an impression of your teeth for your removable retainer. You will still have to wear your retainer for a few weeks or months and then at night to ensure that your teeth do not move back to their original position.
- The fixed retainers are not included in the fees and will cost extra but the cost is justified, as the teeth will be kept in place. As they are glued in place, they might become loose overtime. If this continues, then your dentist will glue it back in place.
How to keep your fixed retainer clean
- It is very important to brush your teeth properly around your fixed retainer. You should go for a regular visit with a dentist/hygienist to gettartar deposits removed from around your teeth. You won’t be able to floss properly as the bars will prevent this. However, here are some substitutes:
- Super floss – It has three essential components that include – a stiffened-end dental floss threader, regular floss and spongy floss that work together to provide maximum benefit. You need to thread the stiffened end under the wire and through your teeth.
About Vivera retainers
If you want to have a backup in case you lose your retainer, then Vivera could be the best option for you.
Quite similar to an Essix retainer, they are state-of-the-art technology as Invisalign aligners and available in a set of 3givingtwo spares.
Visit Wimpole Dental where our experienced dentists in London offer many different kinds of cosmetic dentistry treatments to patients.