Often, we go to a dentist when we have a toothache or experience oral discomfort. In the past it was no less than a nightmare to visit a dental expert even for regular check-ups. Even the thought of having drills and tongs in your mouth left many anxious. However, with the great advancements in the field, people are now ready to visit a private dentist in London just to improve their appearance and smile. You can regain your lost smile and confidence by having cosmetic dental treatments. Read on to know more about the procedures that can transform your appearance along with their pros and cons.
- Veneers: These are customised plastic or porcelain shell like structures that cover the front part of your teeth to help you look attractive with a beautiful smile.
- Teeth Whitening: It is one of the most accepted and trusted cosmetic treatment that bleaches your teeth removing the unwanted stains and discolouration.
- Crowns: These are a cap shaped structure fixed over your teeth when they are chipped, broken, stained, misshapen or discoloured. It is also preferred by dentists after a root canal or dental implant surgery.
- Implants: When you lose a tooth accidentally, implants are the best alternative of tooth replacement. Dental implants are expensive but could last for decades with proper care and maintenance.
- Dental Bridges: These are another alternative to replace lost tooth due to decay or accidents and restores your smile to a certain extent.
- Braces: These are cosmetic solutions for misaligned, misshapen, chipped or broken teeth. It helps you reposition your teeth and resolve the imperfections like crookedness and irregular bite. You can choose from the different types of braces – invisible braces, traditional braces, fast braces, etc.
Pros of Cosmetic dentistry
The benefits don’t end here there are a lot more, like:
- Improves your appearance and confidence
- Corrects teeth imperfections effectively
- Solves periodontal problems
- Removes discolouration and tooth stains
Cons of Cosmetic dentistry
There are very little disadvantages when opting for cosmetic dentistry in London. However, here are some to be aware of:
- It can be quite expensive and you might need a dental insurance
- You might need to maintain some after-care tips post treatment.
Cosmetic dentistry is evolving at a great pace and has become a popular and accepted form of dentistry all round the world. Both teenagers and adults opt for the procedure to have a glowing smile and attractive personality.